With the cold, snowy spell just gone in England and lots of miserable rain on the way. I thought this post would certainly brighten up those rainy days, and fill you with warmth from head to toe.
150g plain flour
50g caster sugar (not salt, easily mistaken)
extra sugar to sprinkle on top
1. preheat oven to gas mark 3
2.put flour into a bowl, rub in the butter
3. stir in the sugar
4. squeeze together firmly with your fingers until the mixture forms a dough.( do not add any liquid, just be patient)
5. roll out to about 1cm thickness, cut into fingers or cut out shapes using cutters (you don't have to be traditional)
6. place on a baking tray. bake for about 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown. (the biscuits will firm and crisp up as they cool)
7. place on a rack and sprinkle with sugar.
8. when cool serve as wished.